Visit the Blog once a month for Venue Highlight. Here, we look at different Minnesota properties, often reaching back into our archives and revisiting a Location Location or Spaces department from the magazine.
In our winter issue, we check out eight Minnesota libraries with meeting and event space. Some offer large spaces for big events, while others feaure small rooms for intimate gatherings. The newly updated Roseville Library, which was named a Landmark Library by the Library Journal, renovated with meetings and events in mind. "[The library has] done a good, careful job of developing facilities not only for the library but for the community to come in and use as a gathering space," says Bill Michel, branch manager. Take a look at the spaces available at Roseville and other local libraries:
- Roseville Library: Large Meeting Room, 100 (lecture); Conference Room, 12
- Minneapolis Central Library: Library Atrium, 450 (reception); Pohlad Hall, 235 (lecture); Doty Board Room, 80; RKMC Meeting Room, 50; Best Buy Technology Center, 120
- Stillwater Public Library: Johnson Terrace, 250; Margaret Rivers Room, 120 (banquet), 150 (lecture); Conference Room, 12
- James J. Hill Reference Library: Reading Room, 350 (stand-up reception), 220 (dinner), 170 (lecture); Empire Builder Room, 25 (stand-up reception), 15 (conference); Conference Room, 10
- Also: Maple Grove, Duluth, Maplewood and Ridgedale libraries
Read more to learn about the benefits of using library space and what makes these spaces special.
--Ellie M. Bayrd
[Roseville Library photo by Todd Buchanan]